The Rooter Drain Expert always advises for any individual to hire a licensed plumber. It is really important that you know the importance of hiring licensed plumbers. The State of California says that anyone who is going to work in a project valued in more than $500.00 must be licensed. Hiring someone who is not properly licensed can cost you a lot of money in worker compensations ( if a worker injures himself’/herself in your property).
You can verify license numbers online here, or you can call the CSLB (California State License Board)
“ALERT Be advised that unlicensed individuals pose a risk to you and your family’s financial security. They expose you to significant financial harm in the event that a worker is injured while on your property if your property is damaged, if the work is incomplete and/or faulty. Few, if any, unlicensed individual has bonding or workers’ compensation insurance. The quality of their work usually doesn’t compare to that of a licensed contractor. Don’t take the chance in order to save a few dollars. You’ll probably end up paying more in the long run.
The CSLB licenses contractors in 43 different classifications. This ranges from general contractors to swimming pool contractors, landscapers, painters, electricians, plumbers and many more. It will be easier to decide the right type of contractor if you carefully plan your project in advance and clearly define what you want done to your property.”
Seven things you should take care of while hiring a plumber
Work around the house is usually a tiresome job. It is crucial to hire the right person for the job at hand. One of the most frequently required services is plumbing. Plumbers help in fixing the entire plumbing system of a house. So, it is very important to hire someone reliable and experienced. Let’s see some things to consider before hiring a plumber.
Things to Consider before hiring a plumber:
- One should always ask if they are licensed or not. Licensed personnel will always be safe and easy to handle in case of faults. For this, either you can directly ask the plumber or just check the license number on their website. Their license should also be printed on their business card, displayed on their truck and website.
- Secondly, look for bonded, and insured plumbers to work with. In the event of a workplace accident or emergency, you as the homeowner who hired them would also remain safe and as you know your own safety is of utmost importance, no matter how skilled plumbers are.
- The credibility and duration of their business should always be checked. The best way to do so is checking their website and it is also important to get reviews about them from people who have worked with them or look for their online reviews.
- It is wise to check online reviews. If someone is offering an amazing deal, without a good background check, it’s not worth going forward with it. We recommend going by the flat rate so that there are no negotiations. Knowing the policies is also important. A reputed plumbing business like ‘The Rooter Drain Expert’ will always give you a quote up-front for the total cost.
- It is best to hire plumbers who are locally located close to your house. They will be easier to approach if something goes wrong. One needs to check the respective websites and find some compatible options.
- Guarantee of the work and longevity are things that every homeowner should seek. This ensures that if anything goes wrong during the stated period, the plumber would be ready to help. This also gives an insight into their work ethics.
- Asking questions about their service is always beneficial. It gives you a respectable insight into how much they know about their work.
These are some of the basic things that one should keep in mind while hiring a plumber. This will ensure the safety of the house along with good quality work. These days, reviews about companies can be easily found on the internet, and they help a ton when someone is searching for local services like plumbers or contractors.
If you are looking for a plumber in Santa Clarita, you must consider The Rooter Drain Expert, as we are known for our reliability and work ethics. Feel free to call us for a free quote and consultation.